Early to bed, early to rise
Make a man healthy, wealthy and wise!
You must have heard about Ayurveda, Dinacharya, Ritucharya, and many other confusing words. For the unversed, these are a bit intimidating at first. However, you will surely get all your answers once you delve deeper into the realm. Ayurveda, the term, means the knowledge of life. It emphasizes total wellness and aims to harmonize the external and internal worlds. These are a set of ancient practices that promises to have a good effect on the mind and body. If you follow a daily routine according to Vedas, you will surely gain many positive health benefits.
Waking Up Refreshed In The Morning
Some people wake up early in the morning and propose the theory. However, it is sometimes next to impossible to wake up on time in the hustle-bustle of life. Leave alone waking up at a good hour. Many fitness enthusiasts will also tell you that waking up early has myriad benefits. You will feel refreshed all day and get a jolt of energy.
Apart from giving a pandora’s box of knowledge on therapies, diets, and alternative medicine, this is another bountiful expertise you can gain from Ayurveda. Learn about the early-rising benefits of Ayurveda today.
It is believed that there is a certain period called ‘Brahmamuhurta’. It is between 3.30 am-5.30 am. If you wake up in this period, you will get divine energy. You can achieve holistic wellness if you wake up at this hour. There are more benefits to waking up in the ‘Brahmamuhurta’. They are as given below:
- It tends to improve mental strength and stamina.
- Helps in enhancing memory.
- Increases the energy levels of the body.
- Helps in attaining wisdom.
Ayurveda, Three Doshas, And Their Role:
You should also know about the doshas. Each human is governed by three doshas, Vatta, Pitta, and Kapha. It is also believed that if you wake up in this period, you can gain a balance of the three doshas. It will lead to healing in the present and long run. Let us find out when you should wake up if you are of a particular constitution.
Vatta – 30 minutes before sunrise
Pitta –45 minutes before sunrise
Kapha – 90 minutes before sunrise
If you delve deeper into the Sanskrit texts, you will learn about Dinacharya, which is already mentioned above. It mainly signifies the ideal timings for all the above activities and more. Determining the perfect time to eat and drink considers nature’s daily cycles. With the help of such simple health and life routines, you can enjoy good health, both physical and mental. So, we go back to the sleep timings.
When you wake up before sunrise, at the above designated hour, you stand to gain immense benefits. The time is considered just ideal to attain Brahma Gyan. At this hour, the air is pure and not yet polluted. So, whatever you do or practice is easily manifested. If you wake up at this time, you can meditate and get the best results. Before we delve further into this subject, it is also important to note that you should strive to sleep by 10-11 pm.
According to Ayurveda, you should indulge in a few practices after waking up in the ‘Brahmamuhurta’ apart from following the daily routine according to Vedas.
Let us find out more about them.
- After you wake up and get up on the bed, let the dominant leg down. It should be the leg that corresponds to the dominant nostril.
- Wash your face, eyes, nose, and mouth with cool water.
- Do Pranayama, or meditate. You can even take a short walk. In the early morning, it is best to do Nadi Shodhana or alternate nostril breathing. When you exercise and meditate early in the morning, the prana inside the body starts flowing well. So, you feel hungry at the right time and can consume adequate food as your body desires.
- It would help if you took time out of your busy schedule and pampered your body. Then go for a bath, which will allow you to calm down.
- When you awaken at the right time, you finish most of your chores by noon. So, it would help if you also indulged in a hearty lunch. According to Ayurveda, the lunch should be quite big. The reason is that the sun is the strongest around noon, and so is your digestive power.
Astrology and Waking Up Early:
Vedic astrology also suggests that best time to wake up is early morning that benefits the mind and body. You gain all the positive health benefits if you wake up at the designated hour before sunrise. If you are governed by Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, and Sun, you must already be waking up early. Such people are also less exposed to diseases. However, some people, under the malefic effects of Rahu, Moon, or Shani deva, fail to wake up early. Such people are nocturnal. But you, too, have the right to the early rising benefits of Ayurveda.
If you have problems with sleeping well and rising early, you can eat some munakkas at night. It will help you to wake up early. So, if you follow the guiding principles or daily routine according to Vedas and get the best time to wake up, you will surely have a good life ahead.