Egg roll or wrap is the most popular item in India, especially Kolkata. The city of joy also has the credit of ‘Kati Roll’ which makes it a quintessential food item. The rolls are widely in demand as this is a time saving and tasty food item. This not just satisfies the taste buds but also satiates the tummy for a while. With time the roll has seen many changes and variations Let us learn to make egg cheese chicken roll.
Serving for 2 people
Ingredients for the Roll:
Maida – 1 cup
Eggs – 2
Chicken – 400 grams
Onion – 2
Ginger & Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Cumin (Jeera) powder – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Green chillies – 2 pcs
Milk – 1 cup
Cheese – 50 gms
Lemon – 1 pc
Chopped Carrot – 1/2 pc
Chopped Tomato – 1 pc
Yoghurt – 2 tbsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt & Sugar as per taste
Process for Cheese Sauce:
- Take a frying pan and add butter to it.
- Add maida or common flour then pour the milk to it.
- Now, add the cheese to the gravy.
- Lastly, add the black pepper powder to the gravy.
- Now, take the chicken and marinate it for 30 minutes with yoghurt, ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, and jeera powder.
- Take a frying pan and heat refined oil to fry the onions.
- Add the onions and fry till it slightly turns brown.
- Now, add the marinated chicken and fry them.
- Add Garam masala and stir them well so that the chicken mixes well.
- Now make a dough with the maida and water to form the base.
- Roll them flat like chapati, or roti. Add eggs to it and let it fry well.
- Add tomato, carrot, onion, green chillies, grated cheese, rock salt, and lemon juice.
- Roll this chapati and bake it for 2 minutes in a micro-oven.